If something is true, it is good and beautiful; if it is beautiful; it is good and true; if it is good, it is true and it is beautiful. And together, these elements enable us to grow and help us to love life, even when we are not well, even in the midst of many problems. True education enables us to love life and opens us to the fullness of life.
— Pope Francis
Teachers who are interested in working at Ozark Catholic Academy, please read our faculty description before inquiring about possible teaching positions.

Faculty of Ozark Catholic Academy

Lovers of Learning, Lovers of Faith
Seekers of the True, Good and Beautiful

All OCA administrators and faculty have been called to teach.  They are individuals who love learning and with similar enthusiasm love to share what they learn with others.  Jason Hebert, headmaster of Western Academy, describes gifted teachers as “thieving arsonists.” As they steal the hearts of their students they also leave them on fire for learning.

We ask our faculty to live their vocation as husbands, wives, single or religious in community as professional teachers.  They are called to excellence in their profession by continuing to grow in their own subject area as well as beyond it in order to see the integration of their own expertise with other subjects.  Our teachers are those who seek professional development opportunities both within OCA and outside the school community, through seminars, workshops and even seeking further degrees.

Through the struggle of living their Christian faith, they will act openly as mentors and witnesses of Christ.  At school, students will see OCA faculty attend daily mass, receive the sacrament of reconciliation, and seek spiritual direction from priests. Faculty know students are observing them both in and outside the classroom, how they engage with their families and friends, and the various ways they are examples of how Christian men and women live.  As we often see students imitate the teachers they admire, even in the smallest details of phrases and mannerisms, OCA teachers have a solemn responsibility to struggle deliberately to live their faith.

The root of the OCA’s faculty collaboration is friendship.  Professor John Senior of the University of Kansas stated in his unpublished work, Restoration of Innocence: An Idea for a School,

The essence of a school is its faculty. In a society like ours, whose older generation keeps some oligarchic memories, most think first of buildings, principals, students and then of “staff” (teachers as the workforce). But schools (as in “schools of thought”) are groups of friends at leisure, apart from business, given over to the free exercise of their animal rationality, that is, a “faculty,” an enabled organ free from any purpose but its own exercise.

Open friendship among the faculty, will truly allow for personal, professional and spiritual growth.

One final description for OCA faculty is from Pope Benedict XVI in an address at Basilica of the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial on Friday, 19 August 2011 said,

Young people need authentic teachers: persons open to the fullness of truth in the various branches of knowledge, persons who listen to and experience in their own hearts that interdisciplinary dialogue; persons who, above all, are convinced of our human capacity to advance along the path of truth. Youth is a privileged time for seeking and encountering truth. As Plato said: “Seek truth while you are young, for if you do not, it will later escape your grasp” (Parmenides, 135d). This lofty aspiration is the most precious gift which you can give to your students, personally and by example. It is more important than mere technical know-how, or cold and purely functional data.

Finally, OCA faculty ideally are those who desire a long term commitment to the school.  In a recent interview, I was asked how do I see OCA in 20 years? I replied that in 20 years I hope 90% of the founding faculty are still at OCA.  About the other 10% I hope they would be mixed of those who retire because of age and those who have left OCA to begin other Catholic schools based on what they have learned here.

Teachers who aim to set students’ hearts ablaze and to share in building a community of faith, thought and friendship should consider Ozark Catholic Academy.

If you are interested in a career at Ozark Catholic Academy, please send a CV and a letter of interest to:

Attn. Mr. John E. Rocha, Sr.,Head of School

Ozark Catholic Academy
P.O. Box 1240
Tontitown, AR 72770-1240

We are currently receiving CV’s for all teaching positions.